Friday, September 4, 2015

Travelogue 1: Prague, Czech Republic (8th April 2014)

This is the beginning of my travel chapter and although I've traveled quite a lot. Like in Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, etc. Unfortunately I didn't put that down in journal and I let the memories slipped away~

So this is my Spring Break 2014 trip with my MARA friends before coming back to slave ourselves to dissertation. T.T


I'd start off with my trip to Prague. I arrived in Prague at 19:00-ish local time, April 8th, 2014. I only stayed a night in Prague like a transit before I embarked my Spring break journey to Italy, France & Monaco. It was my Spring break vacation with my girl friends but I arrived Prague Václav Havel Airport alone as the rest of them went earlier for Germany trip. Was the first person to queue at "All Passport" counter as the rest were queuing EU Passport line.

The guy behind the immigration counter didn't even ask my intention to come to Czech, are you not curious? Out of curiosity, isn't it a customary practice for an immigration officer to asks our intention coming to their country? I'm just saying.

Walking out of the airport and find ways to get to the city was another challenge if you travel alone. If I didn't print out the direction to Sir Toby Hostel, I'd get lost in an unknown world. But since I've traveled to Berlin before, somehow I find Czech's systems of transportation was somewhat similar to Berlin, that I miraculously able to gauge on how to get myself around Prague City with buses and tramps. I actually get to ride on the old school tramps like the ones in karaoke videos. Cool! Another bucket list checked.

One crummy thing just happened was my both Three (UK) and Maxis (Malaysian) phone line couldn't roam. And walking to from the tramp stop to the hostel was a bit dark and creepy with not many people around in the streets. But I managed to find my way to the hostel alone without my Three & Maxis line and reunited with my friends there.

The hostel is okay, the pantry is shared with other guests. I chatted and hung out with Mike, an America, and I reckon he's stoned, because he flirted with me but he's alright.

The backyard of Sir Toby's Hostel

In the tramp heading to the airport.

However, my stay in Prague was just a short one as we went travel to Rome the next day. So I didn't get to see the beauty of Prague as what most people "gembar gemburkan". If I had the chance to go  there again, I would.




Next stop, Rome!

 Helpful links:
  1.  Transportation: Prague Transportation
  2. Accommodation: www.booking.com (my best friend)Booking.com
  3. Wanna check out more Prague photos, check out my friend's blog: Life as Schuzzy
  4. What to do in Prague? Discover Prague


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate